Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy (belated) St. Patricks Day




Well this past Saturday was a day to celebrate all things Irish! Most people think of it as a day to wear green and have one too many drinks however, having to work most the day, I did not participate in that particular part.


Guinness Storehouse, learning to pull the perfect pint. Dublin, Ireland.




I did however get to enjoy a few things on behalf of the Emerald Isle this weekend!


I baked chocolate Guinness cupcakes with Baileys cream cheese frosting.
Tried these for the first time 3 years ago and they've become a staple ever since!

Created a print at NotDesign for the occasion. Slainte, meaning cheers in Gaelic, seemed like the perfect greeting for the holiday.


I also spent the weekend constantly reminiscing. After living in Ireland for a few months I feel connected to that country on a level that means way more than just my genealogy. I posted a photo on St. Patrick's Day last year and honestly, even a whole year later and I don't think I could have phrased my love for Ireland any better.

"To the country who taught me to slow down. Where I learned to whistle, drink beer, and dance the ceilli. Where I got to hear folk tales, climb castles, and learned to believe in fairies again. For a country who proved that sometimes even the little guy can stand up for what he believes in no matter the cost. A country where I met some of the most amazing people and fell in love with the countryside. Here's to Ireland! Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Slainte!"

Yesterday was a gorgeous day outside. I enjoyed brunch, worked a few hours, and ended the evening with a Bulmers Irish cider and a pizza with a few good friends. Apart from the green dress I wore, the day wasn't perhaps the crazy Irish holiday others indulged in but, to be honest, I have no complaints. To me St. Patrick's Day isn't about that, it's about remembering the greatest adventure I ever embarked upon in a country that I love. (Though an excuse to drink a few Guinness and listen to Flogging Molly never hurt!) Until next year...
La Fhéile Pádraig Shona Duit!

No comments:

Post a Comment