Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffanys


I got home yesterday from a late bar night. Chatted with my roommates and a few friends, and my friend Collyn (who is currently visiting) and I came downstairs to bed. We were clearly exhausted and going to fall asleep at any moment when I insisted on putting on Breakfast at Tiffanys.

Anyone who has known me for a while knows how much I love this movie. My Mom and I watched it recently because she had never seen it, and when it was over exclaimed "Well that's not what I was expecting. She's weird." The truth is it's a classic for me. Audrey Hepburn in her little black dress eating croissants in front of the big Tiffanys window makes me smile every time.


We got on the subject last night of Breakfast at Tiffanys due to my roommate, Evan, and I finding the perfect apartment, can't really see the connection? Well, we've been looking for so long and I am so happy that something finally worked out. It's truly wonderful too, it has this small sun room filled with windows and painted bright yellow, along with a living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, and two equally sized bedrooms! Not only that, it has hard wood floors and a killer light fixture in the dining room. Now, silly as it may be my favorite part of it is that we have a buzzer to unlock the door and a very old mail slot for each apartment in the house identical to the one Paul and Holly live in in Breakfast at Tiffanys. Now if you're Holly Golightly, you just buzz the man who lives upstairs every time you need to open the front door. (You would also keep perfume and a mirror in your mailbox!) I may have to play out this scene once I move in, just for fun.

"Darling, I am sorry, but I lost my key."
"That was two weeks ago. You cannot go on keep ringing my bell! You disturb me! You must have a key made!"
"It does no good. I lose them all."

*Now who does that sound like to you?


Now all I have to do is find an old bathtub and turn it into a sofa, learn the ukulele, move my record player up here, and start keeping my telephone in an old suitcase.


No comments:

Post a Comment