Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Central Park

Alice in Wonderland statue close-up.

Central Park deserves it's own entry in my opinion. It was one of the places we stayed the longest and there was something about being there, I can't quite explain.

However, I'm not going to lie...the first thing we did upon entering was try and relive all the on-screen moments that had been filmed here over time. I may have also burst into song a few times...

How romantic...we really hoped to see someone pop the question out on one of these little rowboats.


There were two things I knew I must see while in Central Park; Strawberry Fields, and Alice in Wonderland. The Imagine tribute was beautiful although I couldn't help by be saddened that there were so many people walking on it or attempting to take photos with it. When I saw the names of the countries listed on the stone carving underneath "Imagine all the people living life in peace..." I couldn't help but tear up a bit.

Strawberry Fields forever.


Performers in one of the courtyard areas. These guys were amazing at street dancing and gymnastics.

It took so long for us to find the Alice in Wonderland statue! We finally broke down and asked a few police officers to direct us haha, it was worth it though (Anyone who knows me very well knows how much I love Alice in Wonderland). We were able to snap a few photos in between all the kids climbing and playing on it, which there is most definitely allowed and encouraged!

Quotes from the original story lined the bottom of the statue.

A mad, Mad Hatter.

We could not have asked for a more gorgeous day for a stroll in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment