Monday, September 26, 2011

Renegade Chicago

Upon returning from Phoenix I found myself overwhelmed with the amount I had learned and what great conversations were had. It was an amazing experience just as I hoped it would be and I definitely have a lot I'd like to share on here. But before I do, I have a few posts I'd like to catch up on from the weeks previous.

First up: The Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago!



My fellow crafty friends Jen and Collyn were all for joining my in a one-day road trip over to Chicago to check out the Renegade Craft Fair.

Home-made vanilla lattes for the drive.

Little prints, gumball machine style.

Gorgeous yarn (and awesome logo as well!)

First apple cider of the season.

Photobooth!

Gelato for all!

Beer sampler at Bangers and Lace.
Great food too, if you're ever in the area be sure to check it out.


My first ever Chicago-style hot dog, with all the fixin's!

We ended up having a blast, it was definitely worth the trip. I ended up buying an awesome type t-shirt from Bison Bookbinding and Letterpress all the way from Bellingham, WA. Also, two little charms I now wear as a necklace, one little E and one Ampersand.

The day ended with a trip to a small bakery right on the same street as the fair where I purchased cupcakes as a little gift for my roommate before heading on back to Grand Rapids. It felt like the perfect Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment